"Boss, I left my cell in the bar last night..."
Thousands and thousands of cell phones are lost or stolen every single day.
Frankly, it’s too easy to lose stuff. And it’s very annoying when it happens.
Now think about how you will react when an employee tells you that they’ve lost their work cell or laptop.
Yes, the device will obviously need placing. That’s the easy bit.
Because have you considered what implications this could have on your business? Specifically:
- Has everything been backed up?
- Has the device and data stored been stolen? What if someone accesses the data?
- How does this affect your company’s security?
And then, there are the practical questions:
- How long will it take to replace the device?
- What’s the cost of replacing it?
- How will that employee get stuff done without their device?
Replacing the lost item is just the tip of the iceberg. Lost devices are a massive data security risk.
Even when an employee loses their personal device, it has implications for the business if they use it to access company data.
Contact us today and let’s do a strategic review on:
- Your lost device policy
- How data is backed up, and
- Data security
We can help to minimize the dangers of a lost cell phone or laptop.
Hit the button below to set up time to talk on the phone.
Or give the helpdesk a call on 704.893.8445